Briefly explain the VFD commissioning procedure.
What are harmonics?
Harmonics are integer multiples of the fundamental frequency of voltage or current present in the system. Read More: Harmonics Made Simple!
What are the harmonics mitigation techniques?
Harmonics can be mitigated by adopting any one of the following techniques:
- Inductive reactors
- 12-pulse or 18-pulse converters
- Passive filters
- Active front end drives
- Active harmonic correction filters
What are the advantages of VFD?
- Using variable frequency drives, it is possible to control the motor speed as required.
- Can save a lot of energy.
- No inrush current as in the case of DOL or Star Delta Starters.
- VFD has many build in protective functions that helps improve the life of the motor.